Monday, January 24, 2011

I’d Like To See You Do My Job!

I’m going to make this one short and sweet because frankly, I’ve got a million things to get done before tonight and the time that I have to leave to pick up my daughter is coming at light-speed pace. Okay, well, maybe not sweet. I’m actually really pissed off.

This weekend, I was minding my own business on Facebook, taking care of my “homestead” on Frontierville. (I just love that game!) Up popped a chat window from someone I went to high school with. He asked if I was playing The Sims because he knows how addicted to that game I am. I replied “No, can’t do that and be online at the same time. I’m playing Frontierville.” To which he responded something along the lines of “I can’t believe you. I wish I had your life.” Maybe I should have given him the benefit of the doubt, but it instantly pissed me off. For one thing, he knows very little about my life and for another, his life is pretty damn simple. Sometimes I wish I had his life. He’s not married, has no kids, has a job that I think gives him the winter off, and goes out partying more times a month than I do in a year. Maybe two years!

So for all those people out there that think because I am a stay at home mother and don’t work outside of the house and have an easy life - get bent! I’m up early and to bed late every night of the week even weekends because kids (especially three year olds) don’t really know the difference between Saturday and Tuesday. I have to cook and clean and keep schedules for four people. I have to get kids where they need to be, shop for every household need, and be at everyone’s beck and call when they need help. I have to play kid games, give up my TV time for kid shows, rarely ever have adult conversations, and turn over the computer when someone else wants it. And I’m still expected to help out at school, stay in shape and always be happy on top of it all!

So yes, I’m going to play a computer game or other stress reducing activity when I happen to have a spare moment. I’d like to see you get through one of my days.

Okay, thanks. I think I feel a little bit better.

4 comments:

  1. Your little rant was ENTIRELY accurate and truthful! Until you've tried the stay at home mom role, you truly don't realize what it's like. It's not BAD, of course, but it's not the lay around at home and be lazy that so many people seem to think it is.
    I think most women probably have an idea of what it's like, simply because *usually* women do the majority of household chores and child care stuff anyway, but most men are probably pretty clueless. Silly men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Megan. It's a rare man indeed who knows what it takes to make a family/household run smoothly. (My sister is married to one, the lucky girl!) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you can't do all that and put up with irritating people too!? Come on now...you'll just have to try harder! ;-) Glad the rant helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Jewels! Hope the headaches stay away. I can feel your pain with those. I get them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Sit back, grab a drink and visit for while. I love the company.