Friday, February 4, 2011

An Award That Has Turned Into It’s Own Post

First, I must start off by saying thank you, thank you, thank you to Kat at Tapetum Lucidum for giving me an award! My first award! I’m speechless! She’s an amazing woman who deserves to get this award right back!

 

stylish-blogger-252baward

 

It’s quite frankly amazing that I am able to put two coherent thoughts together amidst the constant calls of “Mama!” and the chaos that is my household. But even more amazing to me is that other people enjoy reading what I have to say!

 

So the rules of the award say that I am supposed to:

 

  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

 

I don’t know what 7 things to share because I don’t know what’s interesting or different about me and well, I don’t want to bore you. So I’ll list a few and if there is anything else you’d like to know, just ask in the comments section and I’ll do my best to answer. Sound cool?

 

  1. I am a huge Jeff Gordon and NASCAR fan and have been since 1993. I even got to meet him as an 8th grade graduation present from my sister’s father-in-law.
  2. I love watching the UFC.
  3. I am the youngest of 4 kids by ten years. (I was a surprise, not an accident as my mom once told me.) So it was kinda like being an only child with two dads and three moms.
  4. My husband and I have a snake breeding facility.
  5. You can find more info about me here and here. If you’re still wanting to know more about me, feel free to ask away.

 

I haven’t been blogging very long, but I have found some really great blogs that I love reading. I’m sure they’ve all been handed awards before, but they deserve it again!

 

Jewels at Turning 30: A Journey of Self Exploration She was my first follower and I love reading her funny stories. And she’s been sick so stop over and give her some blog love.

 

Paul at "I took the one less traveled by and that has made all the difference" He’s a great guy who helps me look at the positive side of life. He also shares great stories about his life or that he’s written.

 

Kev D at Highway 10 Revisited He’s got a cool looking blog filled with great writing, humor and life.

 

SherilinR at laughing my abs off She’s a mom who has great mom stories and keeps me laughing about the things that kids (and husbands) do.

 

Mrs. Hyde at A Bitch Called Mom She tells it like it is and makes me bust out laughing every time! (I mean, we’re talking tears rolling down my face laughing!)

 

Megan at Loving the little things Another sweet mom who loves to share recipes, pictures of her family and fun stories about her days.

 

I know that’s not 10, but hey, I’m still new here.

 

I was planning on writing more, but this has already taken much of my morning and I’ve got a husband, son, dog, dishes and laundry that are all calling out for my undivided attention. I wonder how I’m gonna make that work???

12 comments:

  1. well thank you! welcome into the blogging fold & keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! :-) This totally made my day. I can't believe I was your first follower (I mean I know it's true...but people should be clammoring to follow you!). Thanks again. I'll be sure to give you a shout out when I accept it and hopefully more people will flock over here to see how awesome you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... congrats! You deserve it. Hey what kinds of snakes do you breed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first started blogging and got awards I would divide the awards I was supposed to pass on by two or five and then give the double or triple awards to my favorite blogs. (This information is so you never have to worry about having extra awards again.)

    I'm fascinated by this snake breeding business, and so now I am following you. (Not just because of the snakes. I read a few of your posts and I liked them. Though the snakes still intrigue me...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve it! ^_^
    Oooo I would like to hear more about the baby snakes toooo! =O

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SherilinR - Thank you so much!

    @Jewels - You are so sweet to say that! And any "blog pimping" would be really great. Oh! I think I'm going to try my hand at something more appropriate for your other blog. :) I'll have to have you read it when I finish.

    @Alittlesprite - Thanks! I don't know if I deserve it, but I certainly appreciate it. And to answer your question, we have ball pythons. I'll have to get some pictures on here so you can see them.

    @Chanel - Thanks for the advice. The snakes are pretty cool once I got over my fear of them. It was obviously my husband's idea to start. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog. Thanks for coming over and thanks for following me!

    @Kat - I will work on a post about our snakes. I had no idea there would be so many people interested in them. I usually just get the grossed out face when I mention them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER COOL!

    Thanks a lot!

    So, I wrote about it here:
    http://highway10revisited.blogspot.com/p/updates.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the award! I'm glad I found out that you like watching UFC...now I know where to send my hubby and sons so I won't have to watch that crap, um, show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes! And it's so cool that you watch UFC, Hannah! ANOTHER reason to like you! ^_^

    I will admit that the one thing I don't like about snakes is the feeding. I know I'm a big soft touch but I feel bad for the mice. My one friend had big snakes that ate rats, which I felt particularly bad about because I have another friend who has rats at pets. Luckily, the lady with the rat-eating snakes would kill the rats beforehand.

    Other than the feeding, I think snakes are neat. They're so warm and smooth, it's really cool.~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the award, lady! I'm pondering my 7 things and then I'm going to make my post :)
    And in even the few things you posted, I feel like we learned several new things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kev D - Thanks for that and thanks for following me! I hope I can keep everyone entertained.

    @Mrs. Hyde - Lol! You're welcome!

    @Kat - You like UFC too?! I love talking about it around guys because they're always so shocked I know anything about it, much less get into it just as much as my husband. Do you watch it often?

    @Megan - You're so welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't get to watch it as often as I used to, but I can sometimes catch the PPV at one of the local watering holes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Sit back, grab a drink and visit for while. I love the company.