I was honored this week by Chanel and Lonely Suitor who both gave me an award! (Lonely Suitor even called me vivid, sexy and unruly! He knows the way to this mama’s heart!) I have to send a huge thank you to both of them for thinking enough of me to give me this award. Thank you so much! It really means a lot.
So to follow the rules of the award, I have to tell you all seven things about myself. That’s not an easy thing to do, but I’ll do my best.
- I was a football and basketball cheerleader all through high school, but graduated in the top 10% of my class (of 44).
- I spent my first semester of college pre-med at the University of Illinois, but dropped out because I found out I was pregnant. I finally finished my two year degree after I got married (and my daughter was in elementary school) through an online program. It’s in Business Management/Accounting.
- I get mildly claustrophobic in confined places. I’m fine in elevators, but if I’m in the middle of a crowded aisle at Wal-Mart and both ends are blocked, I sometimes start to hyperventilate. If you put a blanket over my head or wrap my legs up too tight, I will freak out!
- I love when everything is completely silent. I’ll sit and savor the moment. But I would also listen to Trace Adkins talk all day long just because his voice makes me weak in the knees. He could read the dictionary for all I care.
- I have only flown on an airplane twice in my life. I didn’t hate it, but I would much rather drive. I flew to once to California and another time to Delaware. My husband and I drove down to Disney World with our daughter (when she was six) non-stop. My favorite part was driving through the “mountains” of Tennessee as the sun was coming up. Everyone else was asleep and I almost woke them up, but I decided to let them sleep and enjoy the view on my own.
- I am obsessed with ghosts. I have been ever since I was a really little kid. I’ve had some small experiences and completely believe they exist. I would like to try going along on an investigation to see if I could be brave to do it or if I would chicken out.
- I’m not a great cook, as illustrated here, but I love to bake. (And I’m actually pretty good at it too.)
Last time, I mentioned that I was a huge Jeff Gordon fan and that I met him (briefly) and had my picture taken with him. (That was seriously one of the most exciting days of my life!) I posted it on my “About Me” if you haven’t seen it yet.
Now I am supposed to pass this award on to 10 bloggers. One specified blogs that I recently started following and the other just said blogs that I deem worthy. So it’ll be a little of both.
- The Onion at A Lot of Layers: I just started following her, but she cracks me up! I’m trying to work backwards through her blog and her stories have me doubled over with laughter.
- Alice X at Guys, Boys & Men: I’m also a new follower to her blog, but I like her take on a lot of subjects and her blog looks like a magazine’s website. I can’t figure out how she did it, but I was amazed the first time I saw it.
- Julianna at Surviving Boys: I’m pretty new to her blog but she is a super talented woman with great stories about her family. Some are funny, some are touching, and some make you want to join her fights!
- .end transmission at Get Off My Lawn: I’m super new to his blog, but his poem, “Her” for Average Girl’s Battle of the Blogs won me over. He has a way with words. In his poem and in his blog.
- Sandra at Absolutely Narcissism: Even though she has hordes of followers and doesn’t need little ‘ol me telling her how awesome she is, I wanted to acknowledge her because well, she’s awesome and her stories are hilarious!
- Alittlesprite at A little Sprite: I love reading her stories, plus she lives in Australia so it’s fun to “listen” to her talk. (And her birthday is the day after mine!)
- ms. caboo at Aeracura-A Blossoming Life: We both have the same passion for reading and she’s inspired me to read 100 books this year. Plus, she also enjoys to exercise (while I’m still trying to like it) so she keeps me pumped with her stories of Tai Chi and running.
- Kat at Tapetum Lucidum: I know that she just got this award not long ago, but I really think she’s awesome. I love her stories, she makes me laugh, and she’s just a person that you feel good being around. I’m lucky to have met her.
I guess that’s going to have to be all because I’m tired and my brain hurts from all the thinking and staring at the computer.
Thanks again to Chanel and Lonely Suitor for giving me the award and to all my followers and commenters who think what I have to say is worth looking at. I’m so lucky to have you.