Thursday, April 21, 2011

Come Join The Fun

I’ve been meaning to do this post forever (okay, not really forever, but for over a month) and it’s about time that I do it. But first, please excuse my lack of manners the other day for not properly welcoming and thanking my new followers! It really means a lot to me that you all stop by and let me know that you are interested in what I have to say. So hugs to all my followers, old and new, you bring so much happiness to my little piece of the world.

 

I have mentioned a few times that I am in a role-playing group on Facebook based on the Dark Hunter series written by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The books are the perfect mix of romance, mythology, danger and action. The first book is Fantasy Lover and it’s the one my character, Selena, is seen the most. Basically, it’s about an average girl who has a very eccentric best friend (me!) who convinces her to do a spell to release a Greek sex slave from the book he is trapped in. Of course, nothing is as simple as it seems and by summoning this Greek, a whole world that they never knew existed is unveiled.

 

image credit

 

I was hoping that I would be able to copy my scenes from Facebook to here, but I’ve gotten the impression that I shouldn’t do that. However, we have lots of followers of our group and non-characters are welcomed as Facebook “friends” and can read the interactions we play out.

 

If you are interested in the series and the group, you can “friend” my character using this link. Her name is Selena Laurens and when I’m logged in as my character, I have to remain in character and cannot be called by my real life name. Even if you’re not interested in reading the books, but want to see what this whole thing is about, you’re welcome to friend me and any of the other characters to watch us in action. Just shoot me an email (gordn99 @ gmail . com and remove the spaces) so I know to friend you right away.

 

And, we are also always looking for people to play different characters from the books. We have quite a few major openings right now and of course, there are tons of minor characters that could join in as well. Soooo, if you start reading the series and love it as much as I do (no kidding, some of the books I have read in just a day or two, they’re that good), you can join the group as a character and play along! With the talent I have seen here in the blogosphere, I know any of you would be a wonderful addition to the group. (And I have to admit I would love to interact with characters that I sort of know who’s on the other side of the screen. There’s a lot less pressure then.) It’s really very fun. We come up with our own story lines and then the characters act it out together over a number of days. It’s always fun to see how the story ends because with so many people involved and no script to go off, the story can include things that was never thought of during the original concept.

 

And if you aren’t interested in the Facebook group, but are still interested in the books, I’ll list the titles in reading order.

 

Fantasy Lover (one of my favorites)

Night Pleasures

Night Embrace

Dance with the Devil

Kiss of the Night

Night Play

Seize the Night

Sins of the Night

Unleash the Night (my all-time favorite from the series)

Dark Side of the Moon

The Dream-Hunter

Devil May Cry

Upon the Midnight Clear

Dream Chaser

Acheron (currently reading this one)

One Silent Night

Dream Warrior

Bad Moon Rising

No Mercy

 

I highly recommend the series. I love them and I hope you’ll check them out and see what all the fuss is about. And if you’re so inclined, come join the fun on Facebook. We’re basically a pretty silly group.

9 comments:

  1. That's kinda neat. Not my cup of tea but I think I'll pass that on to the missus. She might like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is so popular with our customers at the bookstore. Anything his author publishes is immediately snagged. She's also branched out into teen fantasy and adventure, too. I believe she has two teen novels now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a really cool series! I just wish I had the time to read it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, I don't have the spare time to become active in a role playing endeavor, but it sounds like so much fun! I think I'll friend you and then live vicariously through the character interactions! (But if I ever decide to give up writing my HPFF I'll certainly think about joining or auditioning or whichever is the appropriate word!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a big series of books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new followers. I have a tons of book on my "to read" list and the book club now here at blogger...but I will have to check out some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have another award to go with your new boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright, Hannah. I'm starting to worry...

    In the time you've been gone George has deleted his blog and come back again...

    Where are you and are you OK?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection...one day I am going to finish them all...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Sit back, grab a drink and visit for while. I love the company.